Updated April 30, 2020
Dear SciGenie family and guests,
Our company’s mission remains the same: To inspire and empower our students through STEAM and get them ready for 21st century skills.
Right now, our kids need ways to learn, socialize, and unleash pent up creative energy. For the many families who are researching spring and summer activities, solutions cannot come soon enough.
Our small-group STEAM Online Classes are available right now through summer, led by our live, SciGenie Certified Instructors. And, as of this moment, we anticipate running the majority of our on-campus summer programs, recognizing the need to stay flexible and adapt to changing circumstances. We will update this page regularly to keep you informed.
In the meantime, we have organized the information below in a Q&A format, doing our best to anticipate what’s on your mind.
Frequently Asked Questions
My kids need something to do during school closures, but we need flexibility. Can you help?
The reality of our kids being home all day right now? And all day in the summer? Oh my! SciGenie will be here for you. You can be confident to register today—with no fees—up to 24 hours before the start of your online session.
Money is tight right now. How can our family save on your online classes?
When times are tough, we band together. That is the SciGenie way. We know that many of you are also facing layoffs and financial uncertainty at this time. We have made our online classes very reasonable by helping our students and you will also be helping & supporting our Certified Instructors by keeping their jobs. We want our programs to be a beacon of light for you and your children without breaking the bank or adding to your stress.
Please check back regularly for new and updated offers on our online classes.
Should I be confident enrolling today?
Here is our Peace-of-Mind Policy:
- You can make unlimited changes – with no fees—up to 24 hours before your online session.
- Fair cancellation options – If you cancel your online session more than 24 hours in advance, you can choose to receive a credit voucher for your full amount paid to date (fully transferable to family or friends, never expires)
- Summer camp postponement – If there is a camp postponement, you will be automatically rescheduled for Virtual Tech Camps in order to make sure your child’s online seat is secured. Given the lower cost of our virtual programs, you will receive a credit voucher for any remaining balance (fully transferable to family or friends, never expires). If you need different arrangements, you will have the option to choose other dates or request a credit voucher for your full amount paid to date.
My child is currently enrolled in an on-campus summer camp. What happens if their session gets postponed?
As of now, we anticipate running our on-campus summer camps. However, if there is a summer camp postponement, you will be automatically rescheduled for our Online Summer Camps. Given the lower cost of our virtual programs, you will receive a credit voucher for any remaining balance (fully transferable to family/friends, never expires). If you prefer a different arrangement, you’ll have the option to choose other dates or request a credit voucher for your full amount paid to date.
Should we need to postpone your session of camp, we will notify you with as much warning as possible.
Our goal is to be transparent and fair, and to remain the highlight of your student’s spring and summer, on campus or online. We are here to make sure that your kids have something incredible to look forward to.
What will you do to ensure the health of students and staff on campus?
In relation to our on-campus summer programs, each year we prepare for the possibility of a communicable disease affecting our programs.
Good hygiene habits, regularly disinfecting spaces, and frequent and thorough hand washing are easy preventative measures for all illnesses. We employ the camp industry standards of the American Camp Association and the recommendations of the Centers for Disease Control. This year, we have incorporated the recommendations from the World Health Organization into our procedures. Further precautions may be put in place as the current health situation and public health recommendations evolve.
Our summer staff follows these protocols to prevent and respond to illness:
- Staff confirms with families during check-in that their student is in good health, has not been exposed to a communicable disease, and has not had flu-like symptoms in the past 14 days.
- Staff regularly wipes down and disinfects computer mice, keyboards, doorknobs, and commonly touched areas.
- Staff escorts students to the restrooms before and after lunch, promoting frequent and thorough handwashing techniques: 20 seconds using soap and warm water. Hand sanitizer is also widely available.
- Staff reiterates good coughing/sneezing etiquette (using tissue or covering coughs and sneezes with the fold of the arm).
- If staff or students have a temperature of 100 degrees or greater or other relevant symptoms, they will be kept isolated while waiting to go home.
We love SciGenie. How can we support the company so our kids can keep coming back?
Our small, family company is depending on our loyal community—parents and students like you—now more than ever to make it through this COVID-19 crisis. Each time you place your trust in us with the purchase of Online Classes and of course, on-campus summer programs, we gain critical traction.
Similarly, whenever you invite your friends and family along to our programs or spread the word about SciGenie on social media, we get stronger and stronger. We are deeply grateful for your support at this time and we look forward to delivering the highest-quality programs to your child, without compromise, online and on campus.