As many of you know, the Coronavirus, also known as COVID-19, is starting to make its way around the world, and our hearts go out to all who have been affected by this outbreak. First and foremost, SciGenie takes the safety and well-being of our students, employees and our community very seriously. The situation is changing daily, and we are watching it closely so we can be prepared to take all the proper precautions to make sure everyone stays safe.
Over the past couple of weeks, we have been following the recommendations from the CDC and related government and health agencies, as well as connecting with other business leaders who are actively sharing best practices and resources for keeping our students and employees safe. The openness and collaboration within the community has been inspiring and heartwarming and has helped us immensely as we have developed our own response plans.
SciGenie day to day cleaning procedures for our materials & kits are already comprehensive. We have increased cleaning & sanitizing frequently touched surfaces. (IPADS, Legos, Robotic Kits, Materials, etc.).
We ask all employees and students to take the following measures to stop the spread of germs:
- Stay home if you are experiencing symptoms of flu (fever, chills, body aches, etc.) and seek medical attention.
- Avoid contact with sick people at home or in the workplace
- Cover your nose and mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze. After using a tissue, throw it in the trash and wash your hands. If tissues are unavailable, cough or sneeze into your elbow.
- Wash your hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use antibacterial hand sanitizer that contains at least 60% alcohol.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Clean and disinfect surfaces and objects that may be contaminated with germs.